Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Slacking

I've been slacking lately. I love running, but it's hard to get out the door, especially when it's cold!!

Yesterday, I did a quick 2 miles because it was getting dark. I don't like running in the dark. It's difficult to see where the road ends and the grass begins when cars are approaching creating glare from the headlights. I am a huge klutz and I'm afraid I will trip and fall, spraining my ankle for the billionth time. It's amazing I have a working ankle as many times as I've sprained it.

I'm getting closer to my decision to do a full marathon. I recently discovered a running group that's near my area. There are veteran marathoners to newbies. Many of them do the same races and if I can find a training buddy, I think that will help motivate me to train for the full.

I'm excited to find new running buddies, sharing my knowledge and learning new things. Commiserating with each other, talking the "running lingo". "I'm doing a half and I hope to PR!" This Saturday, I'm running with them!

Kids are on Christmas break so there should be no excuse of me not running. It'll be nice to get that time to myself.

Upcoming races I'd like to do (depending on money situation)
-Jan 21 Run For Their Lives, Waxahachie
-March 17 Dash Down Greenville, Dallas
-April 15, Big D Half Marathon, Dallas

Hope everyone has a great holiday and happy running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment