Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Years Goals

While in the shower, I came up with a list of goals that I'd like to accomplish this year.

-I'd like to lose 50 lbs.

Not only for my health but I know this will help my pace. I'm not naive to know that my weight is slowing me down. Even though I run quite a bit, I haven't lost any weight and I know it's because of my diet. My diet needs a huge revamp. I'm hoping to rejoin Weight Watchers again. My moms of multiples group is starting a support group as well as doing "Biggest Loser" (which I won last year!). I have all these motivators on my side, I know I can do it.

-I'd like to get back down to a below 10 min pace.
I lost 60 lbs about 5 years ago and that's when I started running. I was training for a half. I had run a few 5K's. My first one was around 30 min. A few weeks later, my sister and I did one and I finished at 29 min. Then, I became pregnant with my twins and struggled with getting the weight off since then. I've been consistently running again, and right now, I'm about 11-12 min pace.

-I'd like to run a half marathon at 2:45 or faster.

I did my first half at 2:51, which I'm happy with. I wanted to keep it under 3 hours. Now, my next goal is to run a faster half!

-I'd like to run a full marathon
So, I think I've made up my mind to do a full. I met some wonderful ladies today. One of them is a veteran marathoner, and one of them just did her first full a few weeks ago. I THINK the other lady has done a marathon and a half. If I stick with them, I know I can accomplish that goal.

So, that's my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment