Thursday, December 8, 2011

Intro

My name is Celeste and I decided to start a running blog. I've been running for a few years now, and have done quite a few 5k's with my sister, Lisa (Sole Sisters!). She has been a huge encouragement for me..I enjoyed doing races with her even though she is MUCH faster than me.

We recently did a half marathon (DRC Nov 6). It was then I realized that running is mental too! About mile 9 I started to feel like I couldn't go on anymore. My legs felt like lead. I kept telling myself "Only 4 more miles! That's an easy short run!" That "short" run felt like an eternity!

The last few miles felt like a tease. I thought to myself "almost done!" but I wasn't quite there yet! I get close to the starting line and thinking "Almost there!" but again, not yet. Finally reach the finish line! Even though I felt like dying and giving up many times, I felt amazing that I did it!!

Running a half marathon was on my "bucket list" for a few years, but life got in the way-getting pregnant with twins, spraining my ankle. When I crossed that finish line, I loved that feeling of accomplishment of something that I had been wanting to do for a few years!


Here is a picture of my sister and I after we had finished. Me on the left, Lisa on the right:


So, one of the reasons why I started this blog was because I'm trying to decide if I should go from half marathon to full marathon. I know that it's my thinking that's holding me back. Here are my reasons for NOT doing the marathon:
-Too much time commitment.
-The thought of running 4+ hours just scares me
-The thought of running 26.2 miles is overwhelming to me.
-And the cost..

A reason why I WOULD like to run a marathon is to raise money for a cause. Two of my kids and my husband have a genetic disorder called Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (go to ctf.org for more info). There isn't much about NF1 and most people haven't heard about it ("Neuro what??"). So, I'd like to join the NF Endurance team and raise money.

So, I guess that's me in a nutshell!




No comments:

Post a Comment