Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Maybe Marathon?

I'm still contemplating about doing a full marathon. I've been thinking more on it. Would I regret not doing one as I get older? Would I be 85 and thinking "I should have done that marathon when I was younger!" I'm in pretty good health (need to lose some weight, but overall healthy). It'll give me a goal to work towards. It would be for a great cause.

Training also scares me. I was gone close to 3 hours when I was training for the half. I felt guilty for being gone for so long because my husband was with the kids. And with the marathon, I know I'll be gone for longer than that!

The thought of 26.2 overwhelms me but I thought the same thing when I trained for my half marathon. I couldn't imagine running 13.1 miles. But, I did it.

I'd also like to lose weight before doing a marathon. The marathon I'd like to do is White Rock in Dallas. It would be next December. I am sure I'd be much faster if I were to lose this weight.

In my perfect world, I'd have a coach to get me through this, training group or someone to run with. My sister lives about an hour away and she's much faster.

I know it's mental and I need to just push through this mental block.

Right now I'm leaning towards 40% yes and 60% No. More thinking to be done. Or maybe I'm overthinking this.



Or maybe I need someone to say "Celeste, you can do this" Or "Celeste, just shut up and train".



1 comment: